View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
05-19-2014, 07:48 AM
Sundays action was once again very good, especially when you consider multi species. Walleyes for the most part were scattered, different depths, locations and structure. My two clients and I, starting on the same spot (17 ft. deep) river channel that was full of walleye the evening before, produced nothing. Next stop was deep mud (13-17ft) and here we found action right away. After boating a couple of eyes on Reeves weedless jigs & fatheads, I switched to 1/2 crawler and it was hammered by a walleye. After working this area for a while and releasing a few smaller eyes, we moved on to try a couple other deeper spots and came up with a blank. We then anchored just off a sharp break dropping from 7 ft rocks down to 13 foot and found a nice eye along with a smallie. We then decided to hit the wind blown shorelines and then the action started. Just about every spot that had good wood/weeds and 5 to 7 ft of water held walleye, smallies, pike and perch. These areas were action packed for the most part because it seemed that we were catching and releasing quite regular. After working these areas for some time, we tried one last spot for smallies, a wind blown shoreline with large boulders and came up with just one smallie. A livewell packed with walleye, pike and perch proved we had a great day. Percent of fish taken on crawler versus fatheads was about 50-50.

Note to brothers Dan and Tim, good luck to you and enjoy your camping.

Back out today to catch me a bunch of those jumbo perch.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net