PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
05-16-2014, 06:55 AM
What a beautiful morning it is was on Thursday, temps in low to mid 30's and strong NE winds, just the kind of weather you want or don't want for complete boat control. Trying out spots to keep out of the big white caps, my clients and I picked and pecked different shorelines, structures and depths through out the day and came up with an awesome live well of keeper walleye along with some jumbo perch and a 17 inch largemouth bass. Using Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads, we found for the most part that the larger walleye were relating to deep mud mixed in with scattered submerged wood. Although we found some smaller eyes in 6 to 8 feet of water off sharp breaking shorelines with scattered reeds, all our bigger eyes were in 10 to 13 feet and sitting tight to the bottom. These eyes, 17 to 22 inchers were all spitting out mayfly larva which indicates what they are starting to feed on. The key for us on this day was a very slow presentation, pretty much dragging your jig on the bottom with a little off and on twitching. Because I mentioned mayfly larva, don't be alarmed, the hatch is many weeks away, nothing to worry about for a long time.

No trip today, back out on Saturday, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net