PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
05-15-2014, 06:38 AM
Wednesday morning greeted my two clients and I with near freezing temps but dressed in warm clothes and pretty good walleye action we warmed up quickly. Using our trusty Reeves weedless jigs and fatheads, we started out working a couple of wind blown pockets that contained a good amount of submerged wood and found action right from the start. Here, we boated a half dozen or so and kept one real nice one and tossed back the rest before moving on. Moving on to some areas that I haven't fished yet this spring, we once again worked a few wind blown spots with different depths and structure and found very good action in two of them. The first spot averaged 7 to 9 foot deep with fairly hard bottom with scattered submerged wood with limited vegetation, here we found many active eyes that were moving in and out apparently chasing and feeding on lake shiners because most of the eyes we boated here were spitting them up after being netted, not sure how many we boated in this spot but for every one we caught we missed one, a very hot spot to say the least. Most all the eyes from this spot were very nice ones but we only kept two because we had a full day planned and had way to many more areas to play with before days end. Our next stop was a shallow (4 ft.)weedy point adjacent to 14 feet of water, here we once again found active eyes, after catching and releasing all but one, we moved on to try different areas of the flowage for pike. Boated many during the afternoon hours on Mister Twister rigs and spinner baits, all were released. Our last hour was spent chasing down our last two eyes and we found them hanging tight to the bottom in 14 feet of water over hard bottom.

Back out today, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net