PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
05-14-2014, 06:16 AM
After a day of rest and flu symptoms all gone, I was back out Tuesday with two clients and it seemed like the fish all showed up to welcome me back on the water. Taking advantage of the strong SW winds and overcast/misty conditions, my clients and I, rigged with Reeves weedless jigs tipped with either fatheads or 3 inch Mister Twister Curly Tail Grubs worked a small 8 foot deep wind blown bay with some downed timber and had immediate action, here we boated a hefty eye along with a couple of smaller throwbacks and a small pike. Moving on to another similar area we once again found active eyes, a few smaller ones and one good keeper. We then decided to get out of the stronger windy areas and try what we thought would be more protected areas, well it was windy there too and the fish were once again waiting for us, or so it seemed. Working both the windy side of an island and also the calmer side, we found to our surprise both small and largemouth bass in 4 to 6 feet of water over weeds and downed wood. These honker largemouth ranged from 17 to 20 inches while the smallies ran from 14 to 18, caught a very good number of them (all released) before moving on for more walleye. On our next and last stop of the day, we worked shallow (4 foot) deep water with mud bottom with lots of stickups and had a field day on both walleye and pike. Here we boated the last of our remaining eyes, and some really hefty ones at that along with several smaller males and two keeper pike, a 24 incher along with a 32 incher. Might add that most bigger fish were taken on the Mister Twister Rig.

Back out today, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net

sureshot612
05-15-2014, 06:08 AM
Don on one of your earlier post you had said some of the eyes were not spawned out,are they all done now and you remember the last day that they weren't. thanks

St Croix Kid
05-15-2014, 02:41 PM
32" pike? Nice!

Don Pemble
05-15-2014, 04:03 PM
Sureshot,

I would have to say 99% of the eyes have spawned out, it was just a few days ago when I found a female that was still dropping some eggs.

sureshot612
05-15-2014, 05:46 PM
Don thanks for the help got on the flow age today may go out on fri. stay warm

Hot Runr Guy
05-15-2014, 06:02 PM
Don thanks for the help got on the flow age today may go out on fri. stay warm

Don needs to find a better hiding spot, we said Hi! to him today too.

HRG

Don Pemble
05-16-2014, 06:24 AM
Now I know where to find you, good seeing you out there, catch a bunch.