PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
05-09-2014, 06:57 AM
Thursday was once again another great action filled walleye day. My client and I were met with gloomy sky's and some on and off rain but that must have been just what the walleye ordered. It was one of those days that no matter where we fished we caught walleye. Deep rocks and rocky shorelines with sharp breaks produced great numbers of smaller eyes and some borderline keepers but all were released. Our larger eyes came out of 17 feet deep river channel bends with surrounding wood, not the big numbers here but bigger fish, released a couple nice females. After trying several spots with action in most, we tried what would be our last stop for eyes and came up big with some very nice sized males along with some throwback females. This area, surrounded by fallen trees and weeds was only 4 ft. deep. I'm finding that most of the eyes we are getting are not done spawning as the males are still milking and the girls are still full of eggs. Reeve's weedless jigs and fatheads done the trick again.

Back out today with my same guest, looking for a repeat performance from more hefty eyes, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net