PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
05-08-2014, 06:16 AM
Big east wind yesterday had some of my favorite early season spots very hard if not impossible to fish, winds pounding into some very good rocky shorelines held fish but almost impossible to hold boat in position. Moving to sheltered areas with good river current really paid off for my clients and I. We found decent action in the deeper water, 12 to 17 feet, but the most action came from 6 to 8 feet of water over just off the main channels. These areas that contained good rock bottom had the walleye up close and some were still in the spawning mode. Using our trusty Reeve's weedless jigs tipped with fatheads, we boated several nice eyes in a short period of time, and on an occasion or two we had walleyes following walleyes up to the boat as we were landing them. We kept our limits of nice size milking males, and the girls were thrown back to finish their job.

Back out today if weather permits, with storms moving through on and off during the day may make this a short trip, so catching them quick is a top priority. Will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net