PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
05-07-2014, 06:37 AM
After Mondays ice breaking experience with my wife, I was back out yesterday with two clients and we had instant action in the deep river channels. Using Reeve's weedless jigs tipped with extra large fatheads, we boated many walleye, mostly all males from depths ranging from 12 to 18 feet. Some action also from the top of river channel edges and on the sharper drops. The best part of the day is when I done several doughnuts with the boat breaking up a large patch of black ice that was on top of an 18 foot deep rock bar, once we had a little clearing, we dropped our jigs to the bottom and vertical jigged for awhile, this method work pretty good as we caught some smaller eyes, but none the less we had action and my guests were very happy to have caught fish this way, kind of like ice fishing from a boat. We still weren't able to get out in the big water to fish with all the floating ice but it should all be clear after today. Being that that section of the flowage wasn't fishable, we spent some time working downed trees along the banks and emerging weeds that were in 4 to 5 feet of water and never came up with a single bite. These weeds at this time last year weren't even sticking up, and these weeds right now are almost too thick to fish, wonder what they will look like once the water warms up. All in all, we had a great half day out there, and will be back out this afternoon with the same gentlemen, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net