PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
05-04-2014, 05:10 AM
After a long and brutal winter, opening day greeted us with less than perfect conditions. Very strong NW winds and cool temps made for a somewhat uncomfortable day out there but the walleye didn't seem to mind the conditions at all. With most landings still iced in, my crew along with many others did find Murrays Landing open and took advantage of it. Using Reeve's weedless jigs tipped with extra large fatheads, we worked several areas during the day, some produced nice eyes and like any other day out there, some didn't. Working some common areas where the eyes normally spawn produced not a bite, the areas, 4 to 8 foot deep with gravel bottom along with mixed in boulders held not a fish for us. We then went deeper and fished areas with lots of current and found good numbers of very nice eyes concentrated on hard bottom, gravel, rocks, etc. These areas along with sharp breaks dropping from 8 ft. to 13 plus ft. also held very good numbers of eyes.

Back out today with the same crew, will keep you posted.

Word of advise, if you plan on launching at Murrays Landing, bring your knee high rubber boots along, take my word, you will need them.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net

St Croix Kid
05-04-2014, 06:03 PM
Nice repo. Better than us by a considerable amount!

LundAngler
05-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Don,
It's good to read your reports again! It was a long and brutal winter, and I am ready to get back to fishing!
See you on the water!
Jeff

sureshot612
05-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Don great to hear you are plugging through the ice.We will be up at lake view at the end of next week for a week or so who wants to get together and share some beers.