PDA

View Full Version : March 4th report

Rob Manthei
03-04-2014, 07:59 AM
Well the gamefish season has come to a close. Not that it really matters, travel is very tough, and few(if any) are/were actually fishing. Talking to baitshop owners, they all pretty much said it was one of their slowest winters.

I do still plan on getting out and catching a few meals of panfish. Not a whole lot to do, and rivers down south aren't ready yet either.

I am optimistic, and do believe with the forecasted warm and wet April, we will see ice out around April 24th....:cool:

With the excessive snow this winter, the snowmobilers were very happy, along with the resorts and restaurant owners. However, the deer, turkey, and shallower lakes won't be.

Now is the time to go through your rods and reels and get them ready for the season. This is a small relief to waiting for the ice to melt. Also a great time for musky nuts to sharpen and replace hooks on lures and reorganize for the upcoming season.

I will expanding my guiding options this season. I will be offering remote lake trips all over the county for panfish, bass, pike, and even some muskie. These "wilderness" trips will available for 1 to 4 people at a time. I will have 2 14' Lund boats with trolling motors and portable Lowrance graphs on them. Actually reminds me of fishing when I was 7 to 12 years old with my grandpa and his friends and my dad...we went to a lot of lakes and took the boat off the top of the Buick and carried it to the water. The lakes are still there, and I am sure the fish are too(only more of them!).

I will be running a 2010 Pro-Guide Lund Tiller with a 200 HP Verado loaded out with the best electronics(Lowrance) and trolling Motors(Minn Kota)...this rig will be for sale at the end of season and will be well taken care of. Save $7,000 to $8,000 off of retail with this rig....it could be yours!

Good Luck!