PDA

View Full Version : Whitefish and access

rambler
02-08-2014, 10:20 AM
I have not yet tried for Whitefish on LBDN and plan to do that tomorrow (Sunday). Will use some of the info so generously offered on this site and see what happens. I will travel with a snowmobile and was thinking of accessing at the Gladstone launch area. Can I travel with the snowmobile pretty much anywhere from that access point or is there a better option? Hope to target some Walleyes also in the evening. Any advice on locations to get this done is appreciated. Have sonar and a camera.

The Bait Shop Guy
02-08-2014, 11:41 AM
The group of shacks off the Gladstone harbor are mainly targeting walleye in the morning and evening, but whitefish can be caught there midday. The breakline on the west side of the bay is also good for walleyes and whitefish. Access from the harbor or the Terrace. Be sure to drop some dead minnows on the bottom for chum. The clear water of the lower bay will let the whitefish see them from a long distance. Usually, once they find your "bait pile," they'll hang around until they eat everything, or you catch them.

rambler
02-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Thanks Chris, we have re-scheduled for Monday but will follow your advice!