PDA

View Full Version : How's the fishing?

FlambeauFisher
01-19-2014, 08:58 AM
Like many, my crew and I will be headed up for the JDW Fisheree next weekend. Has anyone been out fishing? How's the bite?

Rich P

Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC
01-19-2014, 10:54 PM
Fishing has been good. Jeff Robl of Bobber Down Guide service is reporting good walleye action in 3-8 fow on tip-ups with shiners. He usually fishes off fo Fishermen's Landing.

Our guests at Flambeau Vista Retreat have caught some walleye on the sandbar in front of our cabins, along with walleye and perch near Pink Rock.

DonH
01-23-2014, 10:18 AM
I hate to sound stupid, but where on the flowage is Flambeau Vista Resort. Coming up there since 1960, you would expect me to know that, but I don't.

I know of a ton of places to fish, and I guess that's my problem. I get focused on fishing and lose sight of anything else going on around me, except the scenery (buildings aren't scenery).

Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC
01-23-2014, 12:25 PM
I hate to sound stupid, but where on the flowage is Flambeau Vista Resort. Coming up there since 1960, you would expect me to know that, but I don't.

I know of a ton of places to fish, and I guess that's my problem. I get focused on fishing and lose sight of anything else going on around me, except the scenery (buildings aren't scenery).

Flambeau Vista Retreat is located on the east shore of the southern end of the Lake Bastine area of the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage. Please take a look at the photos on our website, www.flambeauvista.com and we are sure it will look familiar to you.