PDA

View Full Version : Dec 14th Report

Rob Manthei
12-14-2013, 07:38 AM
Ice fishing is in full swing at the moment, and despite the artic blasts, the bite has been very good for walleyes.

I have found ice thicknesses anywhere from 3" to 10", and some of these areas are very inconsistant. A little slush here and there, and lakes that have gathered snow and have the combination of thinner ice are making slush after drilling fresh holes.

I've targeted weeds and flats in 12' to 26' feet of water for walleyes. Last night we got an 8 man limit in 4 hours. Beaver Dams set with suckers and shiners. Pay attention to detail, use clean rigging, smaller(#8) hooks, and either Vanish or other Fluorocarbon for leader material.

There has been a couple people driving out on some lakes, but I guess we can't have our first vehicle go through without someone driving out, right?

Snowmobile trails opened yesterday, now let's hope for some more snow. The get rid of the northern deer herd season goes through Sunday, so remember that late season bowhunters, flatheads only!

The Fibber's Ice Tournament is Jan 25, 2014....tickets are on sale at Fibber's, so don't wait long, they'll be gone.

Good Luck out there!

4pour
12-14-2013, 01:13 PM
How much are tickets? 90% me and Bumpy are coming up.