PDA

View Full Version : Deer Season

George
11-18-2013, 12:06 AM
I know this is a fishing forum, but just wanted to wish everyone a good and safe deer hunt. The leading cause of death in deer hunters are not accidental shootings or falling out of tree stands...it's heart attacks. None of us are as young as we used to be, so hunt with a buddy and take it at a safe pace. Remember, the best thing you can get in deer season is home safe. Good luck!

sureshot612
11-18-2013, 12:13 PM
George you are right it is a fishing forum,buuuuuuut some of us like to hear about other things going on.so with that may all be safe and i would like to hear how ya did and post some pics.

mooselegs
11-23-2013, 08:43 PM
so......any reports on deer success in the area? i'm no longer a deer hunter but do fish the tff during the soft water season...so as George says..........let's just stay in touch.

...nice pixs would be very cool..........

sureshot612
11-23-2013, 09:16 PM
mooselegs i second that.im checking webcams and it looks like you are getting some snow .no snow hear just real cold.

Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC
11-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Some deer are being shot, but no wall hangers that we have heard about so far. Even so, the guys are having fun. A few red squirrels have had their lives spared!!!!!

Don Pemble
11-26-2013, 08:45 PM
I know this is a fishing forum, but just wanted to wish everyone a good and safe deer hunt. The leading cause of death in deer hunters are not accidental shootings or falling out of tree stands...it's heart attacks. None of us are as young as we used to be, so hunt with a buddy and take it at a safe pace. Remember, the best thing you can get in deer season is home safe. Good luck!

You are so right George, I had some difficulty with my breathing the last few days of bow hunting before rifle season opened, I ended up getting a stent and a balloon for a 95 and a 90 percent blockage on Nov. 19th, close call again, if I'm a cat, I have 4 lives left. BUT, I'm still able to be out hunting every day, just walking a little slower. God is Great

Hot Runr Guy
11-27-2013, 07:38 AM
You are so right George, I had some difficulty with my breathing the last few days of bow hunting before rifle season opened, I ended up getting a stent and a balloon for a 95 and a 90 percent blockage on Nov. 19th, close call again, if I'm a cat, I have 4 lives left. BUT, I'm still able to be out hunting every day, just walking a little slower. God is Great

Yes He is, and He must not need a guide "up there", so we'll get to enjoy your company for years to come.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, my brothers and I wish you all the best and a full recovery.

(sorry for hijacking the Deer Hunting thread)

HRG

George
11-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Glad to hear you're okay Don. The Flowage wouldn't be the same without ya. Have a great Thanksgiving and TAKE IT EASY!

sureshot612
11-30-2013, 08:18 AM
Don ,in a couple of weeks you will be drilling holes on the ice like a teenager:). sometimes i think its Gods way of telling us to slowdown and enjoy what he created,since May my eyes have opened up wide.Lets see some of those pics.