PDA

View Full Version : OCT 21st REPORT

Rob Manthei
10-21-2013, 06:46 AM
The weather sure has changed and looks like Fall will finally get here in a hurry. Yesterday was snow and sleet most of the day and the snow was sticking. This looks to be the norm for the rest of the week.

Lake temps are 50 to 54 (as of yesterday) depending on size and depth....I believe lakes turned at a little higher temp last week with the high winds helping mix things up....if they didn't finish, after todays wind they will. I would image the largest lakes haven't turned...but haven't been to those yet.

Muskies: I am getting 3 to 6 shots at fish a day right now. Live bait is out producing anything right now, but lures are still working fine. Suicks, DD's, Depthraiders, DDD's, Bulldawgs are all getting attention. I am finding fish on deep weed edges, points, steep shorelines, and rock humps....as the water dips to the upper 40's, I believe the best bite will all be deep. Since last Sunday I've had 18 fish hooked in the boat and 9 have made it to the net....best fish was a 45" tiger...

Walleyes: Look to the mud and holes in the lakes. I haven't fished walleyes since Oct 2nd, but I've helped out resort guests and customers get on some fish. I know this weekend they pounded eaters in the deep holes of several area lakes on jig and minnows...some of the lakes that have great weed edges also have walleyes using them(catching a few large ones while muskie fishing)...

Good Luck!