PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 10-18-2013

walleyemaxx
10-20-2013, 10:27 AM
Hi everyone,

The high yesterday was 39 degrees, the water temps 52, rain, snow, but luckily just a moderate South West wind, and the fish developed lock jaw for most of the day. The morning was probably the worst fishing as far as catching is concerned that I've ever had. But the afternoon the fish were getting active and we missed lots of slow bites, but they were finally biting.

Guiding Tom, his son Brad, and friend Wade, we wound up with a mived bag of walleye,perch,crappie, and rock bass keeping 7 crappie and two perch, releasing everything else. Used my inline PROaggressive jigs tipped with minnows in wood in mid to deep and finally had the action in the deeper wood. With the water temps at 52 degrees, the turn over as such as it was is complete. Now I'm hoping as the water temps continue to go down that the walleye fishing will continue to improve.

The leaves are almost done for the year and the water level contiues to drop, 3 feet down now, making the scenery on the Big Chip very eerie looking. Please use extreme caution out there. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx