PDA

View Full Version : New pictures from last weekend

BlueRanger
10-18-2013, 10:41 AM
I spent a 5-day weekend up at the TFF last week - three days on the water and one day roaming around the northern part of the county. Caught plenty of walleyes, smallies, northerns and rock bass, but didn't see a musky. Fall colors were past peak in most places, but I still found plenty of things to photograph. I posted a number of pictures, and I have plenty more that I'm still working on.

mooselegs
10-18-2013, 11:22 PM
cool stuff blue. thought I saw a moose in a pic or two? where was that shot?

BlueRanger
10-20-2013, 09:31 PM
Highway 47 just north of 182 - I came upon a family of three standing on the road. By the time I turned around and got the camera out, they had moved to the edge of the clearing. I was sitting sideways in the middle of 47 with my headlights pointed at them, so I really didn't have time to make adjustments to get a better shot, but it was a great experience just to see them.

mooselegs
10-22-2013, 08:29 PM
Highway 47 just north of 182 - I came upon a family of three standing on the road. By the time I turned around and got the camera out, they had moved to the edge of the clearing. I was sitting sideways in the middle of 47 with my headlights pointed at them, so I really didn't have time to make adjustments to get a better shot, but it was a great experience just to see them.

sounds like it's near our location. we are close to the intersection of shady knoll rd and smith rapids rd (which is south of 182). have you seen these critters b/4?

BlueRanger
10-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Well, I guess if 25 miles away is "near"...but there are some night shots from Smith Rapids Road in that album, and the Pine Lake Logging Dam is in a previous album. I haven't seen the moose before, but I was told someone else had a daylight sighting earlier this year in roughly the same place that I saw them.

mooselegs
10-24-2013, 03:15 PM
We have not seen nor have I heard of anyone that may have seen these animals. I will check with my brother-in-law....he gets up there more often. Their cabin in located on Bhrye Lake...by road, it is approx. nine miles to the intersection of Hwy. 182 and Flowage Rd (by Frontier).

BlueRanger
10-27-2013, 11:01 PM
Yes, this was about 12 miles from the Frontier, a little south of Frog Lake. But a young bull moose was photographed on the TFF last year, and I think it was the year before that Don Pemble saw one swim across Baraboo - it also walked through several of our neighbors' yards near Springstead Landing. Michigan's most recent estimate from 2011 was that there were 433 moose in the western U.P. Wisconsin estimates 20-40 moose in the state, with many of those crossing back and forth from the U.P.

George
10-30-2013, 06:52 AM
Loved the picture of Bullwinkle. Can't wait for the ones of Rocky! :rolleyes:

ol'wildcat
11-06-2013, 06:53 PM
sounds like it's near our location. we are close to the intersection of shady knoll rd and smith rapids rd (which is south of 182). have you seen these critters b/4?

I saw three moose near Butternut in August while 4 wheeling