PDA

View Full Version : Update on Reels?

MikeDircz
10-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Hi Ty, getting ready for next season and a trip to Tamarack in July. We have 2 Calcutta's and an Abu Ambassadeur already, but thinking about adding a Revo Toro for burning Cowgirls. I think you said you were mixing in a Revo Toro this year. Which do you recommend? The NACL looks cool with the blue handle. 5:4-1 or the 6:4.1? Do you have any left from the year?

Ty Sennett
10-07-2013, 07:25 AM
Trust me, you don't want any of my reels at the end of the year. The Revo Toro NaCl in the 5:4:1 ratio is one of the best for burning cowgirls. My wife Rachel has that one and I have the high speed one. The 5;4 is better for bucktails and the high speed is better for jerkbaits. They held up great for us.

MikeDircz
10-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Thanks Ty. We will try to find a good deal on the NACL in 5.4:1.

earlyretirement
10-07-2013, 08:33 AM
mike, not sure if your local up there or what, but jenks had some decent deals on the toro nacl, I think it was 230 or 240ish, which was better than 280-290 prices I had seen elsewhere. But then again you might get a better deal at a show or on the internet somewhere. my wife has the high speed nacl and I borrowed it a few times this year and it seemed pretty nice and held up.

MikeDircz
10-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. Our cabin is near Spooner, and we live in Minnetonka, so Jenks although a great place probably won't happen until next year.