PDA

View Full Version : Several lake questions (muskies)

BretRobert1
10-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Have a handful of questions, if anyone here is able to answer any (or all) of them, it would be much appreciated.

1.) Anyone know a website I can go to to find stocking #s for individual lakes? I've been searching around for DNR records to no avail.

2.) I used to have a book that showed dozens of lake maps for Vilas and Iron County. I think it was one of those fishing hot spots books. I seem to have misplaced it. Anyone know where I can find one of these in or around Mercer? I'm thinking about checking Rollie & Helens on my way up tonight. Figure the bait shops in town may have them, too.

3.) Once again, if I had means of coming across DNR #s it would be helpful, but does anyone happen to know of any lakes in Mercer, under 500 acres, that has a good supply of ciscoes?

Thanks in advance,

Bret

Tom Conrad
10-04-2013, 11:08 AM
The WDNR website showing the various lake stocking history is down right now. But There is one lake with less than 500 acres with Cisco, and that would be Pike like, just north of town on 51. No public landing but rather a shalow landing at "Ruggers", and ask for permission ahead of time, Rugger is a great guy.