PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 9-26-2013

walleyemaxx
09-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Hi everyone,

Picked up three Amigo's Mike, Ryan, and Kevin staying at Deerfoot lodge yesterday for a full day of walleye fishing. The weather was gorgeouis with bright sunny skies, air temps in the 70's, and a South wind making a good walleye chop. With the water temps back up to 64 degrees, the fish were biting light again and we went through a ton of minnows, but we had a lively time hauling in 5 walleyes, a bunch of crappies,perch, and rock bass.

We hooked every thing on my new inline PROaggressive jigs tipped with either a crappie minnow or a fathead minnow. The fish were tight into the wood in the 12'-22' depths so we had to work the jigs right into the wood to convince them to take a whack at it. The increasing wind made 'feeling' a hit more difficult, but the guys did an excellent job.

The trees look like they are being painted and the colors will intensify as the fall progresses. Be sure to plan your trip 'Up North' to enjoy this annual marvel. I have openigs in October for anyone wanting to do a hunting trip for walleyes with the beautiful colors as a back drop. I have all the gear and provide all the live bait for a successful day on the water. I offer a special rate for anyong staying at Deerfoot lodge for the month of October, so be sure to call me for details. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx