PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Coverage on the Flowage?

makins117
09-24-2013, 11:17 AM
I saw a post from February that mentioned that some people were having connectivity on the flowage where they hadn't before. I usually have to buy an AT&T Go Phone to have any cell service when I come up and stay on the flowage. I would prefer not to have to do that again if indeed people with Verizon can now get service on the flowage. If anyone knows for sure please let me know. I am going to be staying on Chief Lake next week and would love to not spend additional money on a phone I use for just the week. Thanks!

phatty
09-24-2013, 12:44 PM
shouldn't be an issue, new tower is up and running

makins117
09-24-2013, 03:14 PM
That would be great. Do you have Verizon? Just wondering if it's spotty connectivity or if the signal is pretty strong.

ChipVet
09-24-2013, 04:12 PM
That would be great. Do you have Verizon? Just wondering if it's spotty connectivity or if the signal is pretty strong.

I have verizon and had no trouble getting a signal and I never got one before. Tower is by New Post and I fish on east side but had a signal to the north. Not sure about Chief Lake but think it should be OK. Just there a couple of weeks ago

rprout
09-25-2013, 05:59 PM
I was staying at Skilly's Lodge in Moore's Bay and for the first time got phone and mifi reception in the 9 years that I have been coming up. Use to have to go to Deerfoot to get a signal. It was nice to have the phone and the internet.