PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 9-16-2013

walleyemaxx
09-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Hi everyone,

Before I could leave Radisson, I had to spend 5 minutes scrapping ice off the windows. Yup, an extreme cold front moved in over night. After launching my boat, I Navigated through a wall of heavy fog across the lake to The Landing Resort to pick up Scott and Forest for a full day of walleye hunting. The fog burned off quickly as the sun came up but remained very chilly for most of the day. Water temps are at 69 degrees and the wind was very light from the SE. As you can imagine, fishing was slow at best.

Using my new inline PROaggressive jigs tipped with minnows working the deep wood, we were rewarded for our hard work. We ended the day with a mixed bag of 3 walleyes,northern,SM. bass,perch,and crappies. We released everything except the crappies. Of interest- one crappie was 13" and another 12". Scott is new to the jigging scene and after a few lessons from myself and MR. Blackhawk fan Forest, Scott was ready to give us lesons. We had a great time. Amazingly in the afternoon when the sun warmed things up a tad, bugs were flying back on the water to lay their eggs to complete their life cycles. Still a lot of natural food out there but fish can still be caught if you're willing to put in the time. And time on the Big Chip adds time to your life. Remember to protect this jewel and use lead-free jigs and spinners. Thanks. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx