PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 9-11-2013

walleyemaxx
09-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Hi everyone,

Fished the afternoon yesterday with heavy clouds and warm air temps and a North wind that wanted to blow me into the next county. By late afternoon the wind died down to nothing and the skies cleared and the temps started to drop. I fished 4 new spots and had mixed results. 2 spots produced while the other 2 show promise. Wound up with 4 walleyes and a bakers dozen of crappies. Could have kept half but opted to release everything.

Went through more thaen 5 dozen minnows on my PROaggressive jigs fishing deep wood in my new spots. Had lots of light bites. The water temps went back up to 72 degrees which seemed to trigger another major bug hatch with tons of bugs coming back to lay their eggs after the wind had died down in late afternoon. We have cooler temps in the forecast with frost warnings out tonight. Hopefully that will cool the water down and it will also cause fog so be careful out there. The highs for the next few days is only supposed to reach the mid 60"s. The pattern is still deep wood so use lead-free jigs. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx