PDA

View Full Version : SEPT 7th REPORT

Rob Manthei
09-07-2013, 07:18 AM
After a little summer vacation trip to Canada, I am back and fishing our wonderful area lakes.

Walleyes: Still finding them in several locations. Weededges, mid lake rocks, and deep sand bars. With the water temps around 70 degrees, it is a must to have several bait options. My boat and customers have caught fish with suckers, redtails, fatheads, leeches, and of course nightcrawlers. Hopefully a cool front will show up and push these fish to an all out minnow bite. Working 1/8 and 1/4 oz jigs on the deeper stuff and 1/16 Bait Rig's Slow pokes thru the weeds and edges. If the wind is right, I am anchoring on the rocks and using slip bobbers.

Muskies: Cooler temps are bringing these fish into shallow weed flats on several lakes. I did find fish using mid lake structures(rock) too. As the nights cool(hopefully), watch for more shallow water movement of larger fish....we are a long way from turnover, but Sept can be one of the best topwater bites of the entire year....The standard arsenal of Cowgirls, Bulldawgs, Grandmas, and topwaters are all working well now.

Let's hope for a normal Fall!....

Good Luck!