PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
08-23-2013, 08:52 AM
If yesterday was a cold front, I'll take days like that the rest of the year. With winds out of the NNW, the walleye were on a fantastic bite along with most other species. On our first stop, my clients and I were on the eyes right off the bat, using 1/8th ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads, we worked this 10 foot flat with scattered wood for some time and came up with 10 eyes of various sizes for our efforts. Keeping just the two largest, we moved on in hopes the hot bite would continue, and it did. Fishing nothing deeper than 10 foot, we worked wind blown shorelines that had plenty of wood and weeds and found eyes, we worked a couple of mini humps as I call them due to the fact that they only rise a couple of feet off the bottom and are no larger in size than 2 pool tables, just that they had some wood and or rocks on them and they held walleye also. We worked several areas during the day and caught eyes and smallies on all but 3 spots we fished. After we had our limits of nice hefty eyes in the well, we spent some time working some cribs and caught a good number of crappie on the remaining smaller fatheads we had left. What a day to spend with 2 new friends who had just experienced the TFF at it's finest, thanks Joel and Matt for bringing your lucky charms along.

Back out today to put some fish on my dinner table this evening.

Don's Guide Service
dpemble@centurytel.net

Greenkeeper
08-25-2013, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the great trip Don! It was you that made the day what it was! I really learned a lot about fishing the TFF with you and appreciate everything you showed us. We apllied the techniques you showed us the next two days and continued to have great success. We took Matt's son out there on Saturday and had a blast. There is nothing like the smile on a kids face when he is catching fish! We continued to work wind blown shorelines with wood/weeds and found the eyes there along with some bonus perch. We highly reccomend Don for a guide trip on the TFF!

Don Pemble
08-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the kind words Greenkeeper, and I'm happy you had continued success on your own out there and wish you continued success in the future, you guys were great. Since my last posting, I've been out twice and the action has been just about the same, 8 to 10 feet of water over wood is where to find them along with the wooded and weedy wind blown shorelines, big fatheads have been the ticket for some real nice flowage eyes. No trips until Wednesday, will wait for the hot temps to pass.