PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
08-21-2013, 08:17 AM
This past week has seen it's share of up's and downs of walleye fishing. One day they are either on or just off the deep edges of the humps, the nest day, nothing, only to find them in shallow wood/weeds, usually tucked into the weeds or hiding under the timber out of the sun. My good friends, Phil, Spanky, and the gang spent a half day out there last Saturday and boy was it a tough one out there. We fished the humps, the deep edges and several other options and came up with only 6 eyes for all our work. The following day, my client and I started on these same humps and found very good action and from some decent size eyes. Monday's action was very good, eyes were in 10 to 13 feet of water just off some shallow rocky points, my two clients and I found many eyes on the feed in these areas and had to fish just two spots to get our fish, all on Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads. Yesterdays action slowed down somewhat, but my two clients and I doing a half day managed to find our eyes scattered from these same rocky point structures to submerged stumps in 8 to 10 foot of water, and some from 4 foot over weeds, all on fatheads.

Next trip on Thursday, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
dpemble@centurytel.net

Hot Runr Guy
08-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the report. Getting excited to fish with you again, see you the morning of the 9th!

Take care, HRG

Don Pemble
08-21-2013, 06:26 PM
HRG,

I'm looking forward to our trip also, let's hope for a great morning on the TFF.

sureshot612
08-22-2013, 12:25 AM
Don im sure you will have no trouble finding a good bite . all the best and keep up the good reports .