PDA

View Full Version : Chip Report 8/3-10

TigerMan
08-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Just returned from the annual trip with the family.

Only really fished for muskies for a couple hours each morning but still managed 4 in the boat. Lost a couple and saw a few too. I caught three (30, 36, 38)inside 90 minutes Wednesday morning and my daughter caught her first decent musky Thursday morning. All fish were caught before 7:30am and all were caught on black bucktails with either a yellow or orange blade.

Slightly different pattern for us this year - we didn't see any fish in the normal weed spots this year. All the fish were caught a little deeper (6-9 feet) with sparse weeds.

For some reason a couple of the attached pics are flipped despite rotating them and re-saving them.

Carl Klein
08-12-2013, 10:28 PM
Just returned from the annual trip with the family.

Only really fished for muskies for a couple hours each morning but still managed 4 in the boat. Lost a couple and saw a few too. I caught three (30, 36, 38)inside 90 minutes Wednesday morning and my daughter caught her first decent musky Thursday morning. All fish were caught before 7:30am and all were caught on black bucktails with either a yellow or orange blade.

Slightly different pattern for us this year - we didn't see any fish in the normal weed spots this year. All the fish were caught a little deeper (6-9 feet) with sparse weeds.

For some reason a couple of the attached pics are flipped despite rotating them and re-saving them.

Tigerman, thanks for the report. In last week's Sawyer Count Record guide Dave Dorazio also said black hair/orange blade bucktails have been hot. Can I ask: a) do you find them more productive in sunny conditions or cloudy conditions, or do you find it doesn't matter that much; b) do you generally just throw them in the late summer/early fall period, or do you throw them throughout the summer. Thanks.

Ty Sennett
08-13-2013, 07:27 AM
We caught a 46 and a 39 incher on the same spot that week. Must have been some kind of baitfish thing going on there.

Dan Hardy
08-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Those upside down pics gave me a headache... but nice trip though.