View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
08-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Since my last report where we were getting WNW winds and the eyes were very shallow, well my last two trips out were just the opposite. On Sunday, my clients and I faced clear skies along with flat water or at times just a very light breeze. Didn't bother with the shallow water stuff so we went deep and it paid off. Working 10 to 14 feet of water over submerged wood, we found many eyes relating to the bottom that were willing to grab a slow retrieved Reeves weedless jig tipped with fatheads. Yesterday was a different story as my client and I tried the same deep water structure along with some 8 foot deep stump filled humps and came up empty. What we did find was active eyes just off some of the mid lake humps in 11 feet of water and for the most part, the majority of the eyes were caught on jig and 1/2 crawler and on a very slow retrieve.

Happy Loon Day to all.

Don's Guide Service
dpemble@centurytel.net

mooselegs
08-07-2013, 09:28 AM
.....thanks for the continual updates Don......one of the first things I do in the morning is to check this website for your posting!

I will coming up Aug.15th for a few days and travelling through Minocqua....is there any place in Minocqua that carries the Reeve's weedless jigs?

Don Pemble
08-07-2013, 01:08 PM
I don't know of any one in the Minocqua area that handles Reeves jigs, Flambeau Flowage Sports and Turtle River Trading Co. in Mercer carry them. Call Reeves direct for quick delivery at 217-864-3493.

MARK707
08-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Thanks Don. I was on the TFF Monday and Tuesday...got wet and got hung up on a big flat rock, but got few fish. Explored Baraboo and Horseshoe area. Smallies must be stuffed with crayfish and the walleyes were not in the shallow wood, just as as you mentioned.
The rain and thunder/lightening shortened our days a bit but it was still a treat to be on the Flowage. Lots of eagles with youngsters and a few loons and deer were spotted to add to a quality location.