PDA

View Full Version : mercer web cams

sureshot612
08-03-2013, 10:57 PM
ok so its not about fishing.but the threads have been slow. its about the webcams in town and the flowage.it seems the only one i can view is at ,around the corner pub. even though we can't be up there all year, we tot. enjoy viewing all the webcams in and around town. it seems like deer lodge is down and gateway is down,and the one in town is down that shows claire and 51 is down, i like to view the cams because it gets me away from the city. anyone know why , i e-mailed the town and have not received a response.i think Scott should have a raffle to raise some money to get one on the flowage. :) [just sayin]. enjoy the rest of the summer and we will get up there asap. I'm sure i will get some negative responses but go ahead and post them. i can take. looking forward to our next trip and enjoy the flowage all.SS612

jvh
08-04-2013, 05:25 AM
ok so its not about fishing.but the threads have been slow. its about the webcams in town and the flowage.it seems the only one i can view is at ,around the corner pub. even though we can't be up there all year, we tot. enjoy viewing all the webcams in and around town. it seems like deer lodge is down and gateway is down,and the one in town is down that shows claire and 51 is down, i like to view the cams because it gets me away from the city. anyone know why , i e-mailed the town and have not received a response.i think Scott should have a raffle to raise some money to get one on the flowage. :) [just sayin]. enjoy the rest of the summer and we will get up there asap. I'm sure i will get some negative responses but go ahead and post them. i can take. looking forward to our next trip and enjoy the flowage all.SS612

I also enjoy viewing the TFF area webcams. Try www.justgetaway-cabin.com. Perhaps Jim at Deer Lodge can activate the webcam.

Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC
08-04-2013, 11:20 PM
We never give anyone a hard time up here. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. The Mercer Chamber wecam should be available at www.mercercc.com Jim has been very busy at Dear Lodge since Kat passed, but I will let him know about his webcam not working. Wayne and Misssy at Gateway can be contacted at 715.476.7878 or www.wriebe@hotmail.com

Come and enjoy the splendor of the Northwwods on the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Wisconsin's Scenic Wilderness Waters Area. See www.turtleflambeauflowage.com for more information and to order a free map.

You can also help support the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage by attending our annual fund raising Pig & Corn Roast this coming Saturday, August 10th, 2013, starting at 4:00 pm at The Midway on Hwy. F. Great food, music, raffle prizes and laughter galore is to be had with all proceeds going to the promotion and support of the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage. Call Shane and Molly at the Midway at 715.769.3680 for more information.

sureshot612
08-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Scott didnt mean to put out the wrong message it just seems that if it not about fishing some get upset .i have been checking all the webcams and some have not been comming up ,we talked to Wayne when we were up in may and his got wacked by snow. the one in town we didnt get a reply . and i e-mailed deer lodge in april .we used to come up 5 times a year and now with work its hard to get up there twice a year .even now having property up 51 i thought we would be spending more time up there but its not easy.we enjoy hearing about what is going on in and around town. i wish i would have heard about the pig roast earlier we heard it was a good time last year.going to try to make it up at the end of aug. to atv it would be cool if we could atv to the flowage like we would when we would snowmobile there.

JayandCade
08-06-2013, 06:17 PM
[going to try to make it up at the end of aug. to atv it would be cool if we could atv to the flowage like we would when we would snowmobile there.[/QUOTE]

I believe you can now ATV to the Flowage from 51. As of last week there is a new cut trail that crosses FF. They put ATV ZING signs on FF. The trail is brand new so I am not sure where it starts. It is on the north side of FF. So, from trail 17 (Hwy 51) you can cut across 51 right around Ruggers Landing. The new trail crosses FF and dumps you out at Popkos Circle Rd which is now an ATV route to the Flowage trails. It is brand new so don't quote me, but from the way it looks you can now ATV from Mercer to the TFF.

Also, I like all the threads on here. Fishing or not. If it doesn't interest me I don't read it. Keeps it interesting. I wish there was more fishing threads going on like the current Northern thread but as a everyday reader and an infrequent poster I will take what I can get. No rip on Blue here, I love his pictures, but no one complains about those threads. Because they are great.

Jay

sureshot612
08-12-2013, 05:17 PM
the trail you are talking about did just open this year it takes you all the way to gateway lodge.i also like some of the other threads it helps us keep up with what is going on up there.and check for posts 2 or 3 times away.and Scott when i go to check the loon web cam no pictures come up.not sure if there is trouble with it or if its on my end.and the one at gateway got taken out by some ice in the winter .thanks for the threads and keep them coming.

08-12-2013, 11:00 PM
I've sent an email to the Mercer Chamber asking about the status of the webcams. I will let you know what they have to say.

sureshot612
08-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Scott thanks will keep checking things out

08-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Tina at the Mercer Chamber replied that they are aware that they are down and hope to have them repaired in the next few weeks.

ol'wildcat
09-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Tina at the Mercer Chamber replied that they are aware that they are down and hope to have them repaired in the next few weeks.

Are there any new maps showing the new ATV trail to the Gateway lodge?

09-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Wildcat, I spoke with Chamber Director, Tina Brunell, at tonight's TFFA meeting regarding your question and this was her answer: To get to Gateway would entail using an "ATV Route", as compared to an "ATV Trail". "Routes" are for accessing businesses and ATV "Trails", while "Trails" are for touring. For this reason, the "routes" are not on maps as they constantly change depending on the decisions of the local municipality. This is the case in many Northwoods communities, such as Park Falls that allow ATV traffic on "routes" to access businesses and ATV "trails". For more information you may contact the Chamber at 715.476.2240 or Wayne and Missy at Gateway at 715.476.7878.

I hope this answers your tourism question. Please note the chamber phone number for quck answers to other such questions. Enjoy your time in the Northwoods and the TFF.

sureshot612
09-11-2013, 10:46 AM
we were just up 2 weeks ago .you pick up the trail by cranberry inn. it a new trail some parts are the same as the snowmobile trail then you need to ride on the road for awhile . call missy and she can help.it does need more sighs to mark the trail ,but I'm glad to see more routes into the flowage.