PDA

View Full Version : attaching Flourocarbon to superline

DanR
07-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Herbie,

Is a double Uni good for this? I want to eliminate the barrel swivel between the flouro (80lb) and the Invisibraid (80lb). My problem is that when I cinch down the two opposing Uniknots, the superfine winds up sliding into the flouro knot. In other words, the flouro "swallows" the uniknot on the super-line and cinches over the line. And then I say a few bad words. :)

-Dan

Steve Herbeck
07-31-2013, 06:46 AM
tighten it up a bit and wet it before drawing it down tight,see ya soon!!

DanR
07-31-2013, 09:42 AM
tighten it up a bit and wet it before drawing it down tight,see ya soon!!
Does spit all over my hands and dripping on to the couch count as wet enough? :)

See ya soon...I'm losing my mind with the anticipation, but the guys are keeping me in check. I got a litle sloppy/lazy last year, but I'm going to tighten things up. When you see the big girls follow tell em I'm comin' and I'm bringing war with me...

MUSKY FLYFISH
08-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Does spit all over my hands and dripping on to the couch count as wet enough? :)

See ya soon...I'm losing my mind with the anticipation, but the guys are keeping me in check. I got a litle sloppy/lazy last year, but I'm going to tighten things up. When you see the big girls follow tell em I'm comin' and I'm bringing war with me...

Go to Netknots.com there is animated video...it is a knot made especially for heavy flouro leader connection....I used it in june for Muskies and Lakers..good results...
Cant hurt..

Good luck