PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 7-20-2013

walleyemaxx
07-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I was able to help a Mother and Son Jennifer and McKinnley share an afternoon of quality time together and catch some fish in the procss. With a beautifull afternoon with mostly sunny skies and a moderate NE wind with the air temps finally bearable in the high 60's, and water temps at 80 degrees we set out for a half day of walleye fishing. We landed 8 walleyes, bluegills, perch, and small mouth, and lost a lot of other hits as the fish were not very aggresive. The high pressure cold front might've had something to do with that.

They had not had a chance to do a lot of jigging before so I gave them a brief demonstration on a simple, yet effective method of jigging and they 'caught' on quickly. Using my lead-free jigs, they learned the importance of 'feeling' the hit and were soon jigging like pro's in no time. Most fish came on leeches attached to the jigs and one bluegill ate a minnow. We fished the snags in 12-22 feet of water and found fish in most spots. The weather is supposed to remain gorgeous for a while so make sure you come up and enjoy it. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx