PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 7-16-2013

walleyemaxx
07-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Hi everyone,

I took Eric and his 7 year old Son Noah from the Green Bay area out for a 1/2 day walleye excursion with sticky humiod conditions and high heat. The heat index reached 95! Luckily we had a wind from the South that was fierce at times that helped prevent us from getting to well done under a blazing sun. Sun screen was definetly involved.

Noah led the way as he reeled in the first fish of the day, a nice crappie with the slip bobber rig and from then on we never looked back. The action wasn't very fast but was consistent. we had to work hard for the fish we caught and it was joy to watch Noah really get into it. He handled the fishing rod like a pro.

Using my lead-free jigs we wound up putting northerns,perch,bluegills,crappies, and walleyes in the boat. Most fell for the leech except the crappies wanted the minnows. We kept only one walleye and a bunch of crappies and bluegills enough for a decent fish fry. We fished the jig eating snags in the 12-22 foot range. That's why I use lead-free jigs. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx