PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 7-14-2013

walleyemaxx
07-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Hi everyone,

I picked up Mike and Adam from Big Musky trailer park this morning under heavy overcast skies and a cool South wind that made a good walleye chop. By late morning the sun broke out and we were back to summer. The wind continued on a fast pace making it difficult at times to 'feel' your jig. But the wind made the 80+ degree weather bearable and the surface water temps were steady at 74 most of the day.

Using my new inline lead-free jig, we caught a lot of fish in the half day we spent on the water. We boated walleyes,smallies,bluegills, and crappies. We tipped the jigs with leeches most of the time but I would try a minnow now and again and just couldn't get any thing interested in them. I continue to have success fishing the thickest wood cover areas in any where from 12 to 24 feet. The depth wasn't as important as the thick cover. The action wasn't fast and furious but we worked hard and it payed off. It's more rewarding to have to work for them. Makes you refine your techniques. Remember to use lead-free jigs when fishing the thick cover.

I have openings for July and August available. If you would like to be one of the first to use my new inline lead-free jig and learn my successfull system of walleye fishing, give me a call and we can set up a day.Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx