PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
07-12-2013, 07:35 AM
The last few trips this week seen some pretty good walleye action along with increased panfish action. Starting on Monday with a great 4 man group, it was walleyes and laughs all the time we were out there. Doing just a half day, we found active walleye mostly in the 8 to 10 foot depths that had lots of submerged wood and some others in 6 to 8 feet over coontail weeds. Reeves weedless jigs tipped with 1/2 crawler did the trick on these fish. Thanks guys for the great time and the laughs, that's what fishing is all about. The last two days I spent most of the time searching for panfish and that paid off with some nice perch, gills and crappie. Wednesday I found a good number of gills still on their beds and took home some tasty morsels. Yesterday, my wife and I worked a good number of cribs with 1/16th ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with a 2 inch piece of crawler and found some very nice crappie, jumbo perch, and a few good sized gills. To our surprise, on our last crib that we fished we hooked and boated a 43 inch, 20 lb. plus muskie, what a time that was trying to get a fish of this size out of a crib, not to mention landing it with a ultra lite rod and 6 lb. line.

Back out tomorrow, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
dpemble@centurytel.net