PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 7-06-2013

walleyemaxx
07-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Hi everyone,

Fished with my buddy Josh again yesterday in the A.M. It was hot and muggy right away in the morning and just got hotter. Upper 80's by the time we finished up around noon. Wind made it bearable about 15-20 mph out of the SW.Made a good walleye chop but the walleyes weren't cooperating as well as the day before. We boated 5 and lost one at the boat-long distant release. I remembered minnows and used them extensively. The walleyes were caught on the lead-free jigs and leeches and the many crappies were fooled by the lead-free jigs and minnows. The bluegills,smallmouth, and rock bass all hit the leeches. Only kept 2 walleyes as the crappies were mostly small and I had enough for a fish dinner with those two. Water temps had gone back down to 72 degrees.

Fished the deeper wood again and it seems there are a lot of different species of fish hunting the deep wood. The bug hatches are now in full swing. Saw lots of different kinds of bugs coming back to lay their eggs on the surface then fly away to die. Laying their eggs signals the end of their life cycle.
Saw not just mayflies, but lots of different kinds of bugs big and small. Light colored and dark. I always enjoy watching the show that mother nature provides. It adds to the enjoyment of the fishing experience. There is a lot more to fishing then just counting and measuring every little fish you catch. I'll help you enjoy mother natures show.

I have reinvented the jig and have been using my new jig with my clients and my new jig is working better in some situations then the traditional jig. I continue to provide these lead-free jigs as well as my traditionalist lead-free jigs free to my clients and have a target date of Aug. 1st to release the new jigs for sale. I've done a lot of tweaking all Summer and finally have it perfected. Lots of people out enoying the water so be carefull out there and good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx