PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 7-02-2013

walleyemaxx
07-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Hi everyone,

Guided Chad and his 14 year old son Caleb out of Dun Rovin resort for a full day yesterday. After the better part of a week building and adding to my online tackle shop, it was great to be back on the water.
Caleb had never caught a walleye before and well, that's all changed. He caught 7 of the 11 walleyes we boated yesterday. We kept two because a 14"er we tried to release kept floating up. I decided I could get a couple decent fillets from it so we kept it with a 15"er. The crappies were hitting well all day as we kept 13 and released well over that amount. We rounded out the day with 4 nice perch and 4 nice bluegills that we kept and released 2 smallies. Made for a big pile of fillets at the end of the day.

We fished mainly the deeper wood pattern and found all species out relating to the wood. Lots of food hiding in and around the wood. 2 walleyes were caught on lead-free jigs and minnows, the rest were on leeches. All the crappies were on lead-free jigs and minnows. We used both baits all day and had good action from both. Wood does eat jigs, so please use lead-free.

The weather was warm with a bright high blue sky all day. The wind was very weak untill the late afternnon when a north wind kicked up and finally made a walleye chop. The water temps are right in there between 75-80 degrees. The bright sun warmed up the surface temp quick. lots of people out enjoying the Big hip. Now's a great ime to be out. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx