View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
06-20-2013, 06:48 AM
The walleye action the past two days has been very good along with some spotty smallie action. Dealing with east winds on Tuesday, my client and I found some very nice eyes on our first stop, using Reeves weedless jigs tipped with 1/2 crawler, we found these eyes tucked in the weeds in 6 feet of water. Working other areas with similar shallow weeds also produced eyes during the day along with some scattered pike, perch and some small bass. Wednesday saw a turn around in the wind direction as my 2 clients and I were greeted with a stiff south wind. Starting out working a shallow weedy point, we found a couple of nice eyes and hammer handle pike. Moving on to work a couple of small log jams, we found a couple more eyes and a smallie. We then tried a couple more shallow woody bays with no results. Our next move was to 10 feet of water in a little cove with the wind blowing in and found a good number of eyes stacked up in there and that ended our day for the eyes. We then ended our day working some shallow boulders and found several smallies.

No scheduled trips for awhile, need some rest and pain killers.

Don's Guide Service
dpemble@centurytel.net