View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
06-18-2013, 06:49 AM
The past two days has once again seen some pretty good action from all species. On Sunday, my client and I worked several shallow wind blown shorelines with Reeves weedless jigs tipped with 1/2 crawler and found our walleye along with smallies and pike tucked in these areas. Also tried some deeper water (10 ft.) over some submerged brush and found some nice jumbos. Got off the water just in time to beat the big winds, but I didn't leave the boat landing at the right moment. Just as few miles down the road a dead tree was blown over by the wind and landed not only on my van but also my boat and it shattered my Lowrance fish locator, could have been worse because my van received no damage and my client and I lived to fish yesterday and had another very good day on the water. We found walleye just about everywhere we fished including shallow bays, cribs and also from some of the fallen trees that the tornado had knocked down a few years back. We also had some good action from the jumbo perch as we found them in 6 to 8 feet of water over the top of emerging coontail. These guys were taken using a slip bobber and orange ice jigs tipped with a 2 inch piece of crawler.

Back out today, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
dpemble@centurytel.net