PDA

View Full Version : JUNE 17th REPORT

Rob Manthei
06-17-2013, 06:33 AM
The weather is starting to look better. Warming trends are bringing the water temps back up to speed. Water temps are mid to upper 60's depending on lake depth and size

Walleyes: Bite remains good. Bait choices are across the board. It is the time of year to have minnows, leeches, and crawlers along with you to see what they want. Another couple days and it'll be all crawlers and leeches. Fish are using new weeds(yes, mid June, new weeds, LOL), deep grass, and the mud on lakes that have really late weed growth. I am pitching jigs/live bait and using slip bobbers. I am catching them on 4" Swimbaits on the real aggressive days too. I have seen evidence of Mayflies and also seeing lots of larvae in the stomachs. Watch for hatches to happen this week on some of the lakes, if it happens on "your" lake, move!

Muskies: Last week with the consistant weather, these guys were moving...finally getting them on the normal size stuff. Dawgs, Cowgirls, and Suicks.....Fish were using rock bars on the flat,hot days, and in weeds on the windy days...also a good suspended bite going on too(cisco based lakes).

gotta run, June is very busy and lots of double booked days!

Good luck!