PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 6-16-2013

walleyemaxx
06-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Hi everyone,

Happy fathers day to all you DADS out there. We deserve our day!

Today I guided a father and son, Dave and Eric staying at Siskos Resort for a half day. I always teach my system of fishing to my clients while guiding and today these two expert fisherman needed very little coaching. With a high blue sky to start and very warm temps after a chilly morning we set out and saw the wind pick up steadily as the day progressed. The lake was full of white caps after a while but we perservered with a dragging anchor, the North west wind blowing our line every where we didn't want it which made 'feeling ' a hit more difficult and to add to that, very nonaggresive walleyes. The hits were so light at times that we wouldn't 'feel' anything but the leech would come back mangled and chewed. It took a few hours of hard and deddicated fishing before Dave finally was able to score the first fish. A keeper perch. Dave also took honors by catching the only walleye of the day, a 16"er. I quess DAD had to show son how it's done.

We fished mainly my favorite woody humps and structures, but also fished a soft bottom basin hump and even a usually productive weed bar. The only two fish came off the wood. Dave sat in the middle so I could show him what the woody structures looked like on my locator. I would go over back and forth a couple times so he could get a better understanding of what to look for.

Remember to be good stewards of our natural resources and use lead-free jigs. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx