PDA

View Full Version : any chip updates for the TFF?

Hot Runr Guy
06-13-2013, 07:21 AM
Every now and then, I like to re-visit this subject, and see if something better than the LakeMaster for H-bird chip is out there. I thought I remember reading that Navionics was out surveying the Flowage a couple of years ago, but I've never heard if it came out, and/or is better than the LM one.

Not that I'm contemplating a change to Lowrance or Garmin, just thinking out loud,,,,,,

Thanks, HRG

smallmouth99
06-13-2013, 11:10 AM
hrg
In about 4 hrs from now I will have the 2013 LakeMaster chip in my hand. (currently on the UPS truck) When I get home the first thing I am going to do is load it and look around. I have the last chip navionics made for the Bird. I will let you know

WalleyesWanted
06-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Hot Runr...I don't have an answer to your question, but it's funny you should ask this today as I was about to post a question of my own regarding locater chips.

Has anyone used the Lowrance Insight Pro or Lowrance Insight HD chip on the TFF yet?

I've been contemplating purchasing the Insight HD chip for my HDS-7 but would like to hear from someone who has used it. From what I've been reading, the data on the Insight Pro and HD chips is from Lakemaster as the result of a licensing settlement between Navico and Johnson Outdoors. The settlement was due to Johnson Outdoors' acquisition of Lakemaster. However, I may be wrong...maybe someone can shed some light on the subject?

George
06-13-2013, 11:28 AM
My understanding is that the only difference the 2013 version has is iPilot Link capabilities. Everything else remains the same, at least for the TFF. Other lakes may have been upgraded. That isn't a problem, unless you installed iPilot Link and have to repurchase your Lakemaster chip to have the "follow the contour" feature work. I'm unaware of any upgrade offers for the previous Lakemaster version. But, I could be wrong.