PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 6-10-2013. trophy walleye for Claire

walleyemaxx
06-11-2013, 06:27 AM
Hi everyone,

Had a great bunch staying at the Lake Chippewa Campground out yesterday. I had Roger and David in my boat and Jim, Bryce and the trophy hunter herself, Claire in a tag along boat. We had a beautiful day with mostly sunny skies and a light and warm South wind that eventually swithched to the North. The air temps were in the high 60' to low 70's and the water temps were at 70 degrees by days end. The fishing was actually fairly slow for most of the time with flurries of activity when I found the right spots and the right spots were 12-22 foot drop offs.

With that being said, our numbers were very impressive. we caught 14 walleyes keeping 10. 9 between 15"-19" and a trophy 28" 8# walleye caugh by Claire. She decided she wanted to mount it and after all, a 15 year old fisherperson has a right to do just that. It was a thrill for all of us to wittness such a gorgeous fish. plenty of pictures were taken and as you can imagine, lots of texts were sent on her cell phone.

We added about 12 crappies to the pile of fillets as well as 2 nice perch. we caught and re;eased many more and as always happens we had lots of light bites that were missed. we caught all fish on lead-free jigs- about half tipped with minnows and half with leeches. The trophy hit a lead-free jig and minnow. we put a slip bobber out for a while, but it did not produce so we put it away as it would get in the way.

I still have some openings for June, so if you would like to have me show you the current spots producing, give me a call or email. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx