PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 6-08-2013

walleyemaxx
06-09-2013, 08:19 AM
Hi everyone,

Guided Eric, a transplant from WI. now living in Arizona for a full day. True to his Wisconsin up bringing, we fished hard for walleyes all day. We jiged with non-lead jigs with minnows and leeches and a slip bobber with leeches. Caught two robust bluegills on the slip bobber and leech and 5 walleyes and a bunch of crappies and some rock bass and a nice smallie on the non-lead jigs and minnows.

The leeches just didn't produce as well yet. The water temps were at 64 degrees, so soon the leech bite will start in earnest. Reading through my log books, I've found that the leech bite starts to happen when the water temps climb over the 65 degree mark. That also coinsides with the bug hatches which will trigger more activity from all fish. That will make the basin bite even stronger with the wood cover areas and structures of special interest.

We started out just after a thunder storm had passed through and were lucky to not get rained on the rest of the day. The wind was variable as it was calm for the first hour then kicked up to a good walleye chop changing direction often. first from the South, then East, then West, then back to a South wind. The sky always had heavy clouds drifting by but we still had plenty of sun shine. The air temps started out in the low 50's, but by afternoon we were peeling off layers of coats. The weather is starting to become more of what we consider normal, so I hope everyone will start to get out and enjoy the outdoors. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx