PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
06-09-2013, 06:01 AM
Thursday greeted my clients and I with rain along with east winds, and the east winds continued thru Friday. Despite the east winds, both days produced some decent walleye action. Using 1/8th ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with mostly 1/2 crawler, we found Thursdays eyes in 6 to 8 feet of water over coontail. A very slow retrieve was needed as these fish were tucked in the coontail and you had to pretty much drag your jig over the top of them to get them to bite, just a dragging weight on the end of our line was the only indication of a bite, no hard taps or a tug indicating a bite. The pike action was also good and we did get some action from the jumbo perch. Our half day trip produced a good number of walleye, a couple of hefty pike and a few jumbo perch. Fridays half day trip was pretty much the same, except that the walleye action in the coontail didn't happen, zero fish there. We worked other areas and finally found active eyes in 10 foot of water over submerged stumps and laid down timber. After catching our eyes, we then tried a couple of spots marked on my gps as PERCH and we found some decent action from them using slip bobbers along with a 2 inch piece of crawler attached to bright colored ice jigs.

Back out today, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
dpemble@centurytel.net