PDA

View Full Version : Perch attack!

The Bait Shop Guy
06-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Late perch fishing report from Wednesday. Whoever came up with the saying "Wind from the East, the fish bite the least," obviously never spent any time on Little Bay de Noc. The East wind had the perch stacked on the West side of the bay, in 18 to 25 feet of water. Perch rigs with wigglers was the best, but chunks of crawler worked nearly as well. My dad and I ended up keeping 54, with a lot of fish in the 10 to 12 inch range, and on 13 incher.

The haul.

Dad with a couple pigs.

PERCH ATTACK!

The Bait Shop Guy
06-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Another great night, perchin'! Weather was so nice, I actually got my mom to go fishing with me. I was a little worried that the bite would be slow, with the wind dying down and switching to the south. Had to motor around for a little while, but found some life along the break in 18 to 20 feet of water. Wigglers on perch rigs worked great, again, but they would not touch a chunk of crawler tonight. We didn't land as many fish as Wednesday night, but the average size was much better, and we ended the evening keeping 26 with at least half being over 10 inches. Mom got the big fish of the night - a 13 1/2 incher. Glad she did, because I caught the first few jumbos of the trip, and you wouldn't believe some of the names she was calling me before she starting catching few! LOL! She went to swing that big fish into the boat and it came unhooked and landed right into the open livewell. Couldn't make a shot like that if you tried. I made sure we netted all the big ones after that.

Mom with a 12" and a 13.5"