PDA

View Full Version : MAY 31st REPORT

Rob Manthei
05-31-2013, 06:47 AM
Water temps are beginning to rise everywhere. Some lakes are as warm as 65-66 (that I've been on)..and some are still 53-54.

This is going to change again after Saturdays big cold front and cool down.

Walleyes are going strong on lakes that have emerging weeds coming up and still hanging around gravel/rock spawning areas on some larger lakes. Look for wind blown bays and shorelines for feeding walleye activity.

Minnow(dace,fatheads,redtails) have been working the best, although leeches are starting to pick up some fish too.

Crappies are still in the shallows and getting slaughtered....if you can't find and catch 'em, I'm sorry.

Smallmouth and Largemouth are moving shallow to nest on most lakes...look for rocky shorelines and gravel flats for SMB's, and wooded, darker areas for LMB's...remember the season is CPR, so be careful with these guys...

Muskies are still spawning on the larger lakes, and starting to feed on the smaller ones. I witnessed several large females this past week paired up with their partner in the shallows on lakes as small as 500 acres...one more week and these guys will really turn on!

ksauers
06-03-2013, 08:20 PM
What kind of dace and who's got them,?

Rob Manthei
06-04-2013, 06:13 AM
Kurt,

Ray's has(had) some....otherwise Kurt's Island Sports always has great bait too. The extra large tuffy fatheads that Ray has right now are awesome and so are the redtails.