PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Cove Cabins

Walleyez
05-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Has anyone stayed at Cedar Cove Cabins yet this year ? I'm wondering how the new management/house keeping team is working out.

Hot Runr Guy
05-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Has anyone stayed at Cedar Cove Cabins yet this year ? I'm wondering how the new management/house keeping team is working out.

We were there least week, and other than the main dock not getting put in until Monday, and the "little" dock getting put in on Thursday, no issues at all. Obviously, with the ice going out of their bay sometime late on Friday, the dock issue shouldn't have been a surprise.

Thursday/Friday last week was different. A group of 34 guys came up to the Lodge, with about a dozen boats of every description, imagine anything that floats! That caused quite the havoc on Friday, they just could not grasp the concept of what docking area was theirs.

As far as housekeeping, absolutely no issues at all. The cabin was spotless as usual.

HRG

HockeyPhil
05-24-2013, 11:41 AM
34 guys w/ 10 boats! That had to be a sight. There's barely room for 5 boats on that dock. I hope its not that crazy when we head up there in a couple weeks.

Hot Runr Guy
05-24-2013, 12:48 PM
34 guys w/ 10 boats! That had to be a sight. There's barely room for 5 boats on that dock. I hope its not that crazy when we head up there in a couple weeks.

Truth be told, that's my ONLY concern with the Cedar Cove Cabins and Cedar Lodge arraingement. Too many guys feel that it's OK to bring 2-3 boats up per cabin, there just isn't enough dock space available. I'd do a lot more night fishing, or at least stay out later, if I was GUARANTEED that my spot at the dock would be there when I return. As a cabin renter, with only 1 boat for our cabin, I shouldn't have to worry if there will be a spot to tie up.

HRG