PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 5-21-2013

walleyemaxx
05-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Hi everyone,

Guided a Father/Son, Doug and Collin, from Webster city Iowa for a full day. We had an excellent day boating 14 walleyes and keeping three. We could have kept more but kept just enough for a good lunch. Also caught 4 northerns and kept one.

We had a very active day as we lost so many more then we caught and the action seemed non-stop at times. We went through about 8 dozen minnows and fishing in the wood cover we lost a lot of jigs. I use lead-free jigs and provide them free to my clients and I made a dent in my jig supply. But that's where we found the walleyes, buried in the wood.

It stopped raining as I picked them up and never rainrd sgain all day but remained heavy clouds with a cool air temp in the 40's and what turned out to be a consistent North wind just enough to make a good walleye chop. The water temps were 59 degrees so the water is still on a warming trend. With all the rain the lake level is very high. The high levels have caused a lot of wood to be floating around. Had to dodge a lot of logs the last few days. Caught walleyes in more places as it seems the walleyes are slowly starting to hunt the food shelves to replenish their strength after the spawning ritual. I have openings for the hoiliday weekend. If you want to hunt for Mr. walleye, give me a call. Good luck fishing everyonne.

Walleyemaxx