PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 5-16-2013

walleyemaxx
05-17-2013, 08:22 AM
Hi everyone,

Fished in the afternoon-evening for 4 hours yesterday. On the way out I saw 2 Deer swimming and took a pic. I fished the same 9-11 foot woody flats as the day before and caught fewer fish and had fewer bites, but still managed to scrounge up a few fish. Wound up with 4 walleyes keeping 1, 2 perch keeping both, a small crappie and another knuckle head northern. After the filleting, I have a decent fish dinner to enjoy.

I caught all fish on jigs and minnows and really didn't try any other presentations. I know I shouldn't get stuck in one method, but I did. The weather was pleasant to start, but the North wind kept picking up and it kept getting colder. Wind was very strong by the time I called it a night and the air temps went from 70's to 50's. Amazingly, the water temps went up to 56 degrees. Tuesday the water was 46 degrees. We had lots of sunshine and warm temps the last two days, but a 10 degree rise is unusual.

I'm still using my lead-free jigs and I developed a new type of jig that I am field testing. I have been using them with my clients and they are impressed. With out letting the cat out of the bag, I can say these jigs do not snag up as easily and are still lead-free. If you would like to help me field test them give me a call. I woulld like to remind everyone that I offer a 5%($15.00) discount on a full day guide trip to anyone staying at an LCFRA member resort, motel, or campground. I am a proud member of this fine organization which is dedicated to the betterment of the Chippewa Flowage. I would like to post my telephone number here in Radisson. My cell phone does not get reception here so contact me at 715-945-2138. thanks. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx