PDA

View Full Version : Opening day reports

The Bait Shop Guy
05-16-2013, 05:20 AM
We only got a few reports back at the shop, yesterday. The high winds made for a tough opener for a lot of people. Talked to one guy that got a 21 and a 23 up near Center Reef. Another friend of mine limited out in the Escanaba River, and we heard about some good numbers from between the Cedar and Ford Rivers.

My dad and I had a slow start to the C+R bass season. Actually, it started great, with my dad hooking bass on his second and third casts with a Mann's 1- crankbait. Those would be the only two bass we landed all night! I ended up with two small pike, and lost a couple bass. Things will improve as the current goes down, and the temp rises, (currently, it's 53 to 55 degrees.) We're going to try the Ford tonight, but it sounds like the access is badly silted in, and we may not even be able to launch the boat! Will let you all know what we find.

JBovay
05-16-2013, 02:19 PM
We had a very slow start to our season at the far north end of the Bay. The usual areas we fish were not marking any fish. Only ended up with 2 yesterday. Didn't see as many nets in the water as other years either. Guess we should have been further south.

fishingg3
05-16-2013, 06:08 PM
We didn't have much luck opening day,got out in the water at 5:30am and got a 20"on a Rapala.Then as soon as it got light we went to crawler harnes and got a 14" that went back .we fished hard but that was all we got and left at 1:00.