View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
05-14-2013, 06:35 AM
Monday's walleye action started out slow as most spots we caught fish on Sunday produced either nothing or just a few small ones. Boating nothing but 13 to 14 inchers in the morning, we switched tactics, going from the deeper mud and river channels to shallow water paid off for us. Working 4 to 5 feet of water over submerged stumps and rocks, we found 2 good eyes ranging from 18 to 20 inches along with some hefty smallies. Also had 3 other nice eyes on that never made it to the boat. We then tried a wind blown bog with lots of wood and found another quality eye and a few more smallies along with a hefty 21 inch largemouth. We then added three 14 inchers to the live well to finish our limits and called it a day. All our fish were taken with 1/8 ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads.

Back out today, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
dpemble@centurytel.net

sureshot612
05-14-2013, 07:06 AM
Don just a quick question what are the bogs that you refer to during the season, not a location just trying to understand what you are referring to. thanks

St Croix Kid
05-14-2013, 11:48 AM
go Donnie go! nice repo. keep puttin a hurt on them my friend

byronbears84
05-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Don,

All of your reports say youre using fatheads. Would it be crazy/stupid to just bring worms next week on my week long trip? Or woudl you highly recommend bring at least some minnows?

Don Pemble
05-15-2013, 06:50 AM
Bogs that I talk about are the floating type, all are grounded unless the water rises then they can drift to a different area with strong winds blowing, that happened when the tornado moved through, it moved a good number of them.

Don Pemble
05-15-2013, 06:54 AM
I highly recommend you bring mostly fatheads and some worms (Crawlers).

sureshot612
05-15-2013, 07:18 AM
thanks Don ,not sure if i over looked them or what but i will keep my eye out for what you are refering to . do you have the same boat and are you with the same shop in town . if so we may see you there so time next week.SS612

Don Pemble
05-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Same rig, blue Mirro Craft with 115 Suzuki, and still with the same shop in town, hope to see you there next week, I'll be there every day, busy week.

sureshot612
05-15-2013, 05:30 PM
will look for ya Don im in a red and white sylvan ,packing now leaving in the AM. we will post in town . no internet were we stay. 10 days of great food fun and enjoyment.oh and a few beers :p best to all and fish on. SS612